Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Compromise

Sometimes you just feel low. Sometimes you take a slow, even breath and find that the rasping inside of you's death and then you just sit with your fit and equip yourself for restitution, destitution makes us sorry.

Sometimes you just feel spite. Bitter excuses contrite like confession, my worldly possessions are yours for the taking, you're making me sick with your shtick. Cut it out! Scream and shout, you're not my mother.

Sometimes you just feel shame. Twisting the sound of your name til it stings with the ring of a thing that is broken and mangled and tangled with feelings of derision. Please trust my decisions and know that I'm all right.

Sometimes you just feel pain. When there's nothing to gain then there's something to lose, these shoes don't fit. Two left feet, but I'm sweet and I'm trying to change and be tough, if not quite good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment