Thursday, August 5, 2010

Natural Law

I am furiously shaking the bars of my cultural cage
in an attempt to break free from a prison where
the inmates don't know they're contained.

I bathe my sight of rosewater, my head pulled
like a cork, bobbing in the vast ocean of knowledge
a solitary trip, lined with melancholy and true longing.

There is so much to see, so much to love and understand
and hold dear to, if only I could only pluck out my eyes
and share them with those who are unfortunately blind.

We can rise like the glorious independence and rebirth of
the primitive anarchy in accepting that, underneath arrogance
we commune in life, we are not evolution's triumphant exit.

I take my place in the world as I strip naked the story of Man
And surrender my taste of forbidden fruit, I am ripe with
contentment, to be in the hands of the gods of the lilies.

No comments:

Post a Comment