Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Montage

With the twists and turns of my liquid neck
the flicker of the camera frame captures
a classic movie moment for siskel and ebert
Apertures and filaments, flash bulbs in my eyes
dilating the blind spots in my sickly vision
voices split, run and ream their melodic destruction
tenuous high string, zip and slap the nylon chords
Pinging drips of harmony, drizzle like honey the sweetness
of sound, golden and delicious and fix to each snap,
each click of the camera lens that captures my mind
imaging finds my memories and my very own home movie
in my head of all the years and times and blazing, burning
buried back in my brain. the moving madness in my mind
makes me miss my father, with his bright face the feature of
the film within my memories. the sound he inspired
the love of music injected into my veins like a wondrous
drug- an addiction he advocated, he appreciated and taught
me how to make it, mold it, and mean the music
the swinging camera circles my head, grabbing all these pictures
of family and love and grief and death and how things return
to a state of undiscovered territory after such bane removal.
He's still in the hidden in my mind, captured now onto filmy
reproductions of the life we had together. we do not connect
on any plane, but that I have you tucked away within my
heart and within my mind speak volumes of my love.
At the great beginning of things as it were for me, as you
wanted for me, I think of you and tip my hat to all the things
you've advised me to hold dear over the years
At this the beginning of my life as it will eventually grow to be,
as you will never get to see, I feel you near and that you guide
me and want to be a part of the person I soon will be. Take
my mind's stream of consciousness, the pictures of your
face etched onto the backs of my eyeballs, take this and know
that I haven't forgotten you, that I think of you and even
if you wouldn't have cared for the direction I followed or
the dope that I smoked or the women I've kissed, you'd still
know that I love you by continuing to live on through all of
my life and I haven't tried to reach you in a permanent sort
of way. I am living my life as you lived your life, to give me all
the opportunities I deserve. I love you because I've followed
my hopes and dreams for my life. Keep close the camera's picture,
capturing just the love I have for you. That I will always have

for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment